The Transgender Day of Visibility is an international event to complement the Transgender Day of Remembrance. We focus on recognizing and celebrating trans lives and experiences. Everyone is welcome! We are going to have a blast!
On March 22nd, Ken Yeager and the Board of Supervisors awarded the South Bay TDOV a commendation!
2016 Event Highlights
- Jamison Green, respected educator and long-time advocate for the transgender community
- It’s Not the Sex . . . It’s the Gender is a Never a Dull Moment Productions film, produced and directed by David N. Gottlieb
- Float, a new short film by Sam Berliner. We are very happy to have Sam's work again!
- Dr. Joel Beck, a specialist in aesthetic surgery
- Drag kings & queens at the evening show! Plus special presentations.
Workshops include medical and legal information, Friends & Lovers discussion, Bottom Surgery discussion, friends and family, and more. Community resources will be available in the ballroom. Plus: art * videos * video games * snacks
Special!: HIV testing will be available
When night falls, attend a high-energy party and show with fundraising - all proceeds to the DeFrank. The fabulous WooWoo Monroe will do her thing! Comic Natasha Muse brings the humor. 18 and over please.
Finally, it's the After Party: Make the short journey to Renegades Bar to continue the celebration (21 and over).
Guests include *you,* the performers mentioned above, surgeons, and community activists. See the Roster.
For the finale, head to Renegades Bar for our official after party!
Visit the Schedule page for the latest details.